Greener Polymers is announcing its contribution as an active partner in BIPESCO (Biological Pest Control of Insect Pests that Threaten Tree Health) program, launched in March 2014.
- The BIPESCO program, commencing in 2014 to 2017, takes place under the leadership of Swansea University in UK with a grant from the European Community.
- The program is the Scientific and commercially viable response to the European Community legislation (e.g. Directive 128/2009EC), mandating member States withdrawal of 67% of current pesticides currently used in Agricultural and Forestry.
- Addresses public concerns regarding the risks posed by chemical pesticides to human health and the environment and Increasing reports of resistance developing in pest populations.
- Biopesticides replace effectively conventional chemical pesticides using natural, non pollutant non toxic elements only
- Biopesticides sector value $1.3 billion in 2011 - expected to reach $3.2 billion by 2017
- Shift towards Biopesticides began ca. 2009-2010 when new EU legislation regarding use of pesticides was introduced
- World leader companies engaged in BIPESCO program are:
- Site trials are commencing immediately in United Kingdom, Finland, Spain, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
|SWANSEA UNIVERSITY UK||http://www.swansea.ac.uk/|
|FORESTRY COMMISSION UK||http://www.forestry.gov.uk/|
|GREENERPOL UK, Greener Polymers||http://www.greenerpolymers.com/|
|LISK & OWEN Consultancy, Dr. Owen Jones|
Greener Polymers will be the supplier of all compostable Biomaterials to be used in trials and further global commercialization of all the Biochemistry being developed by BIPESCO for Forestry & Agricultural applications.